"Do not be
anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with
thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in
Christ Jesus." Philippians 4 v 6-7.
HBC is a church that believes in
the power of prayer. We hold a weekly prayer
group at the church every Wednesday evening at 7:30pm and this
is a growing meeting. Why not come and be a part of this important aspect of
church life? Prayer really does make a difference!
Quotes on Prayer:
"Keep praying, and be thankful
that God’s answers are
wiser than your prayers” (William Culberston)
“A prayerless Christian is a
“In prayer it is better to have
a heart without words, than words without a heart” (John Bunyan)
“We stand tallest and strongest
on our knees”
Current Prayer Points
Please pray for:
- Sunday services. We are seeing new people coming into church each week and we are praying that people will respond to the gospel (the good news) of Jesus Christ.
- the persecuted church. There are many parts of the world where Christians are being imprisoned and persecuted simply for their belief that Jesus Chris is their Lord and Saviour. There is an estimated 100 million Christians around the world facing hostility, persecution, imprisonment and even death for the honour of serving Jesus Christ.
- our outreach team who are involved in street preaching both in Middlesbrough town centre and also other cities around the UK.
- Pastor Ken as he works in the local primary and secondary academies. Pray also for the people he meets with during the week and help him in his sermon preparation work.
- those struggling with various health issues at this time. Please pray for each other in your daily prayer times.
- our children and toddler groups. These are lovely groups and we are very blessed to see so many people coming through the doors week by week.
- that people will be brought into a living relationship with Jesus Christ, which is a transforming experience.
- our country, which is going through this time of uncertainty. We need to pray for those who are making decisions on our behalf.
Prayer Changes Things“This is the confidence
we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he
hears us.” (1 John 5v14)
Do you need someone to pray for you?
Contact Pastor here.